Reliable Stroke Care Available in Santa Clarita 24/7
We view our parents as heroes, invincible individuals who demonstrate strength in even the most trying situations. So when a stroke leaves an aging senior dependent on others, their family is often at a loss for how to provide the care that is necessary. That’s where we come in. At Home Care Assistance of Santa Clarita, we understand the state of emergency families are in after a loved one experiences a stroke and are here to provide assistance, quality care and support during this emotional time. You can rely on our highly trained and compassionate stroke caregivers whether help is needed bedside at the hospital, at home for recovery or on an around the clock basis to meet new needs.
Experienced Stroke Caregivers Maximize Safety at Home
The effects of a stroke can be far-reaching, affecting a senior’s speech, mobility and ability to think clearly. While families often have the best intentions when providing care for their loved one, the complex care needs of a stroke survivor make it important for care to be provided by a trained and experienced stroke caregiver. The highly qualified and compassionate stroke caregivers at Home Care Assistance can promote safety for your loved one, assisting with:
- Nutritious meal preparation and feeding
- Mobility and safe transfers in and out of the bed or wheelchair
- Bathing, dressing, grooming and incontinence
- Medication reminders and prescription pick-ups
- Light housekeeping, laundry and changing bed linens
- Transportation for follow-up and medical appointments
Comprehensive Stroke Care with the Balanced Care Method™
The Balanced Care Method™ is a holistic approach to senior care that provides countless benefits to senior stroke survivors. This revolutionary care method not only focuses on a stroke survivor’s physical needs such as nutrition and regular exercise, but on other aspects including:
- Sharp Minds – Because a stroke can impact a senior’s memory and ability to think clearly, our stroke caregivers encourage their clients to participate in stimulating games and activities. Regular engagement helps to preserve and strengthen cognitive vitality.
- Social Ties – The incidence of depression is high among stroke survivors, with many saddened or frustrated by their decreased abilities. Our stroke caregivers act as companions, providing emotional support and strive to foster meaningful relationships with their clients to combat boredom and feelings of loneliness.
- Calmness and Purpose – Knowing that all seniors want to maintain independence with age, seniors are encouraged to do as much as they can on their own with caregivers providing assistance only when needed. With added confidence, seniors can maintain as much of their regular routines as possible and regain a sense of purpose.
Think in-home stroke care is the right choice for your parent or aging loved one? Give us a call at 661.259.9914 and schedule a complimentary in-home consultation with a friendly Care Manager. We’re available 24/7 and are more than happy to answer any questions you may have about immediate or long-term stroke care.